[STORY] Echo Mirage - Prologue

A corp will play nice until they don't need you anymore. Looks like playtime's over.
Players: ShadowCL4W, EpikWaffle

[STORY] Echo Mirage - Prologue

Postby sescry » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:58 am

Somewhere in the Seattle Metroplex
Monday - May 13, 2072
(hour unknown)
sescry
Echo Mirage GM

Re: [STORY] Echo Mirage - Prologue

Postby sescry » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:06 am

Strange images from your monstrous nightmare begin to fade from your mind as light from the waking world finally begins to penetrate your eyelids. The ringing echo you hear – like an eternal alarm clock you don’t remember ever going off – pierces your ears from the inside out.

You manage to crack open your eyes.

The first thing you see is the bright flare of light coming from somewhere above you. Then your nose kicks in with a sudden whiff of stale, grotty air.

Now that you’re awake again, your muscles begin to fire up. Slowly, you sit yourself up on the cool concrete floor. You open your eyes some more to let them adjust, and realize that the light is much dimmer than you thought.

You are inside a small cell. Metal bars all around, and nothing inside but yourself. But looking around, you see other cells with other people inside them. You know these people – they look familiar, but your mind is still in a haze.

There is a sudden, loud grumble from all around you, and the room shakes a little. The ringing in your head subsides. You stand up to get a better look at the others locked up with you, and then you remember, just a little bit.

They’re your team. Were you on a run? Did you get captured?

You instinctively reach for your weapon, only to find that you’ve been stripped of all your belongings. Nothing but the clothes you normally wear to bed. That’s right – you were woken in your sleep, knocked out, and taken from your own bed. Yet everyone seems to have found themselves here, in the same room, behind bars.

The others don’t look any better off than you do, but at least everyone’s awake now. Time to get out of this place and find out what’s going on.

(Game Map has been updated)

((Tip: You're now free to explore: examine things, do things, talk to each other etc. Type it out in narration, as if you're writing a story. The GM (that's me) will post a reply with the results of what you're trying to do.))
sescry
Echo Mirage GM

Postby ShadowCL4W » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Michael coughs then brushes a layer of dust off his clothing as he walks up to the cell bars. He examines them, trying to pinpoint weak spots or gaps that he could use to escape the miniature jail.

OOC: Do I get my techromancer powers like net browsing right now?
ShadowCL4W
Echo Mirage: BRAIN-FRIED

Postby EpikWaffle » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Rykker sighs, his beloved swords aren't on him, and he's stuck in a room with people. Luckily, not in my cell, he thinks. Rykker gets up, and lazily walks over to his cell bars. "A-a-anyone figure a way out yet?" He stutters quietly, stumbling over the words, while staring at the bars, with a hopeful glare that it will magically open and let Rykker out, but to no avail. After a few seconds of realizing how hopeless it is to just blankly stare hopefully, Rykker began to intently look at the bars, trying to find a way out, wondering if he can slip in between them, and waiting for an answer from one of his teammates.
EpikWaffle
Echo Mirage: STONE COLD KILLER

Postby LemonPolice » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Lemonpolice is very sleepy. He had a dream that he was surrounded by the decapitated heads of orks. He is still very sleepy so he goes back to sleep. He hopes his team will get him out eventually, so he falls asleep easily. Unlike his teammates, he is not attached to mere equipment, so he does not care about being devoid of his blongings.
LemonPolice
Echo Mirage Shad0wrunner

Postby sescry » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:19 am

As Michael examines the cell bars he notes that each one is about an inch thick, about four inches apart from the next bar, and probably made out of steel. They are driven right into the concrete floor and ceiling. There is something odd about them though, something out of place. They seem almost brand new; not dinged or covered in grime or dust like everything else in the room. However, this only confirms how difficult it would be to break one of them.

((OOC: All powers, abilities, cyberware, and bioware that were on you are still installed. Whether or not they work has yet been tested.))

The gap between the bars is thin - about four inches wide. Rykker concludes that he would probably be able to fit parts of his body easily through, but his torso and skull would anchor him inside. Getting entirely free would mean leaving some of him behind.
((Success would require a Long Shot Test (see Spending Edge p.74), and will result in guaranteed major physical trauma.))

((OOC: Johnson, I gave you some wrong info about Edge - you're actually supposed to buy it for 10BP each point. Did you have enough to buy 5? You naturally start with 1. I'm still going over some of the character sheets.))

(Game Map has been updated - w/awesome 2D graphics!!!!!)
(Lucian's Character Sheet has been updated - I also updated the first post in the Character Sheets thread with this link. More character sheets to come.)
sescry
Echo Mirage GM

Postby EpikWaffle » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:36 am

Rykker at first considers attempting to slip through them, but decides against it, thinking about how badly that could end. Instead, he searches for a new way out, Rykker searches the room, looking for something that could assist in an escape, like a window, or any weapons.

OOC: Oh, no I didn't. Just bring my Edge down to 1, I don't want to buy any anyways.
EpikWaffle

Postby ShadowCL4W » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Michael sighs and spits through the bars once he notices that they're made of solid metal. He realizes that there's something missing, "Is it something in the room? Maybe something on me? Someone? Ah, that's it!" he thought as he turned on his mental connection to the net. "hey guys, I'm back!" he greeted his sprites as he went to search the news for anything about corps catching runners. He slipped halfway back into reality and made his search a faint reassuring hum in the background. Micheal called back to Rykker, " Nah, unless you have fingernails that could cut through solid metal". He flicked the bars causing a ringing metallic sound to echo through the room as he sat down on the grimy floor to continue his mental search.
ShadowCL4W
Echo Mirage: BRAIN-FRIED

Postby sescry » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:03 pm

[Perception Test Rolled]
Rykker studies the dimly lit room. The ceiling, floor, and walls are made of unadorned concrete. It doesn't look as if the construction workers had planned for this to to be anything but a featureless room. There are some moisture stains covering various surfaces.

There are only three places where the concrete gives way to an opening - a metal door with a glass window reinforced by more metal bars at the far end of the room, a small metal drainage grate in the center of the room, and a crack in the wall right behind his cell, where a small chunk of concrete has come loose and fallen to the ground.

Rykker's keen eye catches something in the shadowy corner behind Michael's cell. There is a camera there, at an angle that would let it monitor the entire room. Despite it being several minutes since you woke up, whoever might be watching you hasn't responded to your activity. Yet.

The sprites spark excitedly back into existence the moment Indespectus regains his connection to the Matrix. The familiar, reassuring hum of data washing over his mind gives at least a little sense of control over the situation, and over his growing NovaCoke cravings.

[Data Search Rolled]
His search for corps catching runners turns up some interesting articles about shadowrunners being captured for various reasons around the Seattle area (mostly during failed infiltration runs), but nothing that seems to be relevant to the situation. However, Indespectus glimpses an interesting Breaking News headline whose reported location matches his Matrix-triangulated position: EXPLOSIONS IN CHINATOWN, BUILDING FIRES IN PROGRESS.

The article details that a very loud explosion was heard at around 2AM from the third floor of a dilapidated building in the middle of Chinatown. Gunfire and further explosions followed soon after, and the building was seen to be on fire. This article is only 13 minutes old.

(Game Map updated)
(Michael's Character Sheet updated)
(SCHB News Ticker updated)
sescry
Echo Mirage GM

Postby EpikWaffle » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Rykker sighs, still no sign on how to get out of the cell. The camera in the corner catches most of his attention, debating whether or not to notify his teammates about it. If he does, then whoever's watching will most likely know as well, which could cause them to react immediately, spelling a probable death for his whole team. However, it's a valuable piece of info, in fact, if whoever is watching already knows he's noticed the camera, then it's useless to attempt to hide the fact he knows. "Anyone know a way out of the cell yet? I see 3 exits to this room, the door at the far end, which we probably can't get through, the sewer drain in the middle which is a possibility, and the crack in the wall behind my cell, which is unlikely it can open up far enough for us, but still a possibility. However, that's all useless info if we just lay rotting in these cells. Also..." He trails off, becoming nearly inaudible when mutter "Also...". Rykker decides to save that info for maybe a better time.
EpikWaffle

Next

Return to Echo Mirage